Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Tuesday

So today is Tuesday and so far this week has been pretty good. Dunning is back to sleeping through the night until 4 a.m.-ish for a quick nursie. I discontinued making his rice cereal because the more research I did on it, I found out that you need to grind up the rice before you cook it and that requires a special type of attachment on a food processor, like a coffee grinder (or an actual coffee grinder). My normal food processor wasn't getting the job done - the raw rice would just spin around. And the cooked rice wouldn't puree completely and left little hard bits of rice and Dunning refused to swallow it. But he likes sweet potatoes. Yesterday, I found an inexpensive, brown, whole grain rice cereal from Earth's Best and he didn't like it at first. Then I combined the sweet potatoes in the cereal and warmed it up a bit and he went to town! Then he pooped all over me... hmmmm.
Today we are trying our first cloth diaper experience. I boought some pre-folds and diaper covers at Wal-Mart yesterday, so we'll see how it goes. I am also bidding on some Yucky Duck all-in-ones on Ebay. The pre-folds are the more traditional cloth diaper and pin set and the Yucky Ducks are like a disposable diaper, but made out of cloth, with snap or velcro closures. All you do is stick a liner in them, if you want, and go. Then you wash the entire thing. I hope I win them because the all-in-ones are more expensive and these are a good price. I'll keep you updated on how it goes!

No comments: