Sunday, July 13, 2008

More Adventures in Cloth - Days 3-6

So, Thursday went really well and so did Friday with little incident with our pre-folds and vinyl pants, rigged up with velcro. Friday marked the appearance of the long awaited Yucky Ducks, which I washed and got ready to go on Saturday. He wore his first one and then went down for a nap and woke up all wet. Then today we went through all 3 Yucky Ducks before noon. Sigh. The first one went fine with a poopy diaper, but the second two leaked before the end of 2 hours, and he is in outfit #3. Double sigh. I was so hopeful these would be such a wonderful diapers. But it sounds like our pre-folds are better. So, I'm not sure what to do now. I don't know if I should keep trying the larger Yucky Duck (I bought two different sizes) and hoping it was just because the diapers were too small. I do want to get some vinyl diaper covers that you just put the pre-folds in and the diaper covers velcro shut. They do the same thing as the vinyl pants, but they're supposed to be easier to get on and off.

2 comments:

Bridget said...

Don't give up on the cloth yet, hopefully the yucky ducks were just too small :)

Gracie said...

what the f is a yucky duck? don't really answer that - I love you but surely they'll have a cure for this "baby issue" by the time I have kids...

I should get points for the subliminal rhyme by the way! =)