Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Day 2 - Wednesday

Day 2:

By 9:45 a.m., we are in our second cloth diaper with no incidents so far. Dunning is sleeping so we'll see how the second diaper does during nap time. I am going to go to Wal-Mart today and return the velcro I purchased (wrong kind) and get the sew-able kind and sew it on the diapers so that it is easier to close. The pins are a little hard. I've already assumed this cost in my initial start up analysis, but I may end up spending a little more, not sure how much I'll need for my 14 diapers. I'm also going to construct a clothes line on the deck for drying his vinyl pants, diapers and wipes in an attempt to save on electricity. Plus the sunshine will bleach any poop stains - if it will quit raining. (Sorry mom, the clothes line you gave me doesn't reach far enough, bummer). I already have clothes pins and some string that I think will work, so no cost there.
The rest of the day went fine, with only one small leak. We used a total of 6 cloth diapers and one disposable (bed time). I bought some more velcro to sew on his cloth diapers for easier closure. Those pins are super hard to use. No poopies today, that'll be the big test.

No comments: