Thursday, July 31, 2008

Thursday


Mom, it's HOT




Yay! Now it's not quite so hot anymore.




Splash! Gotcha Mr. Crab.




Mmm, mmm good.

I missed a spot.

Charlie wanted in on the action.

Today was super hot - just like the rest of this week has been. We stayed home today after going to story time at the library because we are trying to conserve gas. I have filled up every week for the past three weeks and I am going to Steph's cabin this weekend for a much needed girls' weekend! So, I need the gas left in my tank to go to Missouri! It will be my first night away from the baby! I'll actually get a full night's sleep, well maybe. :)


Like I was saying, it was hot. Since it was so hot and we had time to kill at home, we decided to break out the splash pool and splash around.

Dunning is teething super bad - he would only nurse 4 times today and he usually nurses 6 times plus he refused to take his afternoon nap, which is very unlike him. However, he did take about 5 hours worth of naps yesterday, so he may just not have been tired. Although I sure was and could have used the nap. Although he wasn't really wanting the boobie much today, he did eat like a champ for dad, finishing off half a jar of mommy's homemade sweet taters, some yogurt and some rice cereal. Bowl lickin' good!

Charlie has been staying inside more this week because of how hot it is and because of his allergies. Yup, we would get the dog who has an allergy to GRASS of all things. He is on antibiotics and had a steroid shot last week. He's leaving a lot of fur around, but he is great entertainment for the boy. I can now leave Dunning on the floor with his elephant pillow to cushion any falls and he is happy watching Charlie prance around.

1 comment:

Bridget said...

You have the perfect deck for the pool if I put that outside we would all fry since we have no shade yet!!! Hopefully the trees get big enough to shade us