Sunday, June 15, 2008

This weekend

This weekend I got a scrub brush and some OxiClean and scrubbed the deck down in anticipation of Mikel waterproofing it. He has attempted to waterproof it before with waterproofer + stain, and well, that was a disaster that resulted in him sanding down the deck stairs and missing a Cowboys game because it was so bad it made me cry. Ask him about it someday, he loves that story (note hint of sarcasm!) So, if you have ever owned a deck before, which we have not, it apparently gets dirty. I did not know that. I don't know why I would think it wouldn't get dirty. After all, our patio furniture gets dirty, so why wouldn't wood? Well, since we hadn't REALLY waterproofed it before, it was nasty. Dirt and mildew was growing all over it. I wish I would have taken a before and after picture, or at least a picture of me. I was covered in dirty splatters and my nose was dripping from my allergies. It was lovely to say the least. If the neighbors saw me, they probably think I'm a little nutty. Which is ok, cause I am. :) But all that hard work felt good and the deck looks a lot better. Now the only problem is we can't really get the outside of the deck because it is 8 feet or more off the ground and we don't have a ladder. And it's worse.
I rewarded myself with a cold beer and a piece of cake. Very nutritious.

No comments: