Monday, June 23, 2008

Terrible Tummy Time

Starting off good - playing with a ball
Trying to eat the ball....

Hmmm, deciding to discontinue use of hands

Look Ma! I eat the ball - no hands!

I give up...
ROLL ME OVER, DAD GUM IT!
I saw a Gymboree commercial where they were using these balls for tummy time. Since I still had one that I bought to work out on, i.e., it's in new condition, I thought I would give it a try. He tried to eat it too.
My baby will never crawl! Ok, so never might be a strong word, but it seems that way. He absolutely hates tummy time and screams bloody murder when you make him do it (this is also the reason why he has been waking up so much at night. He rolls over and hasn't figured out how to roll back and since his gums hurt, he doesn't use his hands. They are preoccupied with his mouth.) As a new mom, I just figured my kid would just hit each developmental milestone with ease. But as they say, each baby is different. Here are a few pics of the struggle.

No comments: