Tuesday, June 24, 2008

BUD-dy


Man it's great to stay at home and watch random '90s movies. Yesterday it was a two-fer with Encino Man in the morning and Princess Bride in the afternoon. I DVR'd Princess Bride and am saving it for tonight after little man goes to bed. So today, I am posting my reasons why I love Encino Man...


  • What other movie uses Right Said Fred's "I'm Too Sexy" in such a poignant context? Admit it, you really want to get up and "shake your litte tush on the catwalk" when that comes on.

  • It is the first and last movie that Pauly Shore did before his annoying phase, which still hasn't come to an end. (Minor exception with Tank Girl, I actually liked that movie...WHY? I don't know. Don't even go there with Biodome.)

  • It has Sean Astin pre-fat-hobbit-days.

  • Brendan Fraser, enough said.

  • I think the kid from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom and Goonies is the President of the Computer Club. They really under-utilized him in this movie.

  • You know you tried to make that little weasel noise and can't (you just tried, didn't you?)

  • And you all just said "OOOOWWWW, BUD-DY!"

Tomorrow Princess Bride...

1 comment:

Gracie said...

maybe you can knit or learn Mandarin instead