Thursday, September 25, 2008

What we've been doing lately


Singing Elmo table. Chloe in the background.

Bazoople Diaper Creation!

Am cloth diaper genius!!

Fits nice and keeps bottom dry!

Cutsie jungle animals and fat baby thighs!

Well, we've been sleeping a little bit better. Dunning now has two teeth and it seems like the bad nights are behind us for right now. I'm sure they will be back, because that's just how it goes. :)


This week we had Infant Social Hour, but we only had one baby other than Dunning. It was at her house - Emilie and Chloe. They had a lot of fun fighting over the same toy - the Elmo Seaseme Street singing table.


So my friends call me "Crazy Hippie Lady" because of the cloth diapers and the breastfeeding and the garden and the homemade baby food and the recycling...ok, so maybe they are on to something. Lately I have been sewing like crazy. I got a crazy idea that it's just ridiculous to pay $16 for a cloth diaper when I can sew one. So I bought some fabric, fleece, velcro, thread and elastic and after one practice diaper and one that was too small, the result is three fabulous "Bazoople" diapers - they are the characters on the diapers. I'm not sure what Bazooples are, but it consists of jungle animals, so I used it. :) I am really happy with how they turned out. All the fabric and velcro etc. cost me $31 and I bought 4 re-usable diaper covers for $40! I'll be able to get 6-8 more diapers but will have to get more velcro and elastic. So I figure if I can get 12 diapers for $80, I'll be saving over $100. It costs $208 for 12 of the expensive ones online. :)) And I like being crafty, crazy, hippie lady.
More Cloth Diaper photos

No comments: