Thursday, September 11, 2008

Garden Update


All I need is the other foot propped up and I'm good.

Blurry green beans

Sage, an herb I grow, and the never ending green bean crop




Chillin' like a villain, watching Charlie run around like the pscyho he is



Snap peas in foreground



See that little bunch of green things in the middle there? That's my patch o' spinach.


Peas and bamboo trellis

Wilted beets :((



So D and I ventured outside yesterday to work in the garden. I have been meaning to do it since the weekend and figured I better get to it before monsoon like weather hits, courtesy of Ike. I have planted more snap peas, beets, spinach, regular peas and lettuce. The beets were growing like gang busters (is that PC??), but I think it has rained too much these past weeks and they all kind of wilted. The lettuce and spinach only had a few that came up from the seeds I planted, but the peas are all coming up. And of course, the bell peppers and green beans are still around. I could feed the free world on friggin' green beans. I am going to plant more lettuce and spinach once we dry out.

No comments: