Monday, September 1, 2008

RACE DAY!


Run Mama Run!

Pre-Race - I was trying to pump Mikel up and he just wanted me to leave him alone - it was 6:30 a.m.

I was feelin' good - handing out high fives to my parents!

Mikel crossing the finish line.

Me and Mikel post race! Go Team Hancock!

So many of you know that Mikel and I have been trainig for our very first 5k. I know it's not hardcore, but it's a big accomplishment for two people that have never run a race before. So, I started running in April after it started to get warmer. I increased my distance little by little and for the last month I have been running 3 miles while pushing Dunning in the jogging stroller. It's a nice way to start your day with a little endorphine rush! And the same nice people are out every day and wave at me and Dunning. Mikel has been training up and down the hills in our neighborhood!


Anyways, we did Run for a Child at the Promenade. We started off good and I told Mikel he could go on as we went up a hill, since he has been training on them and is much faster given his long stride. I think I did really good. I didn't pass as many people as I would have liked - but I did pass that 65 year old man before the finish line that passed me early on and I passed some kid that was easily 10 years younger than me and in good shape, so all in all I feel pretty good about it. The official times weren't posted by the time we had to leave - something wrong with their computers - but Mikel timed his and was at 27:40 and I was about a minute and half behind him so I think I came in at 29 minutes. I was really impressed with that time because I normally do 30 minutes for 3 miles pushing the boy, and a 5k is a little over 3 miles. I am pretty tired, kinda sore and just ready to go to bed!

1 comment:

Gracie said...

It was still labor day... no need for the black old man socks! He technically could have still worn white socks!