Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Living in the Sticks, Part 2

One of my favorite times of the year is County Fair time. This year, the fair moved out to a big piece of land by the airport. It was much more spacious than the little plot o' land next to the office, where it used to be. It was always strange to me that the fair, with all of its livestock, was held in the middle of the city. Guess it wasn't always the middle of the city when they started having it there! Now it's out in the middle of a cow pasture, where it belongs.
We took Dunning and went with some people from Mikel's office as a family fun day. I thought he would be more excited to see the animals, but I think I was more excited than he was. I was snapping pictures like I was a Yankee in the South for the first time. It's just been a while since I've been to the fair!
Since I took so many pictures, I am not uploading any here, as Blogger takes FOREVER to down load pictures. I have posted them on my Facebook and have inserted the link below. So go look at the cows, pigs, monkeys, veggies and a moonshine still (yep, we ARE in Arkansas). Plus lots of goat pictures taken just for Aunt Patti!

Fair Pictures

No comments: