Monday, September 15, 2008

The weekend

This weekend was kind of crappy. I had Girls Night Out at my house on Friday night, and that was super fun. We scrapbooked a little bit and then talked the rest of the time. :) But it was downhill from there. Friday night, Dunning screamed for about two hours while Mikel and I alternated getting up with him. Then Saturday night, he slept somewhat better, but the storm knocked out the power at 4:00 a.m. and then the smoke detector started it's beep beep beeping. Mikel can sleep through that and a freight train, but I cannot. Nor am I tall enough to take it down and take the batteries out. So, after a few "gentle" kicks, he was up and took care of it. Then he decides it was the right time to have a chat. I disagreed. So needless to say, Sunday was a bit rough. Especially since the power was still out when we got up and I had to lead worship for the 4 year olds with dirty hair, good thing they don't really care. Dunning and I got to nap Sunday afternoon and we all felt much better.
I am hoping Dunning is just teething, but I am worried it's his ear. He mainly just chews on his fists, as if it is a tooth, but the poor sleep, even with Tylenol has been going on for some time and I don't know what to do about it. He doesn't have a fever, but if we have another bad night (he was up at 3 a.m. and then 5:30 a.m. this morning), we're off to the doctor to make sure. He's also not nursing as much and went 6 hours yesterday off just breakfast of yogurt and rice cereal. I tried nursing him twice and he refused. Oh the joys of babies! It's too early for him to self wean, since he is not taking a bottle or sippy cup. Babies are supposed to take formula or breastmilk until they are at least 1. Then they can have whole milk or continued breastmilk. So until then, it is their main source of nutrition, hence my concern he is not getting enough. Hopefully, I am making enough for him since I have lost a lot of weight with running (down a size from pre-pregnancy!) but still try to eat enough calories and I would think he would want to nurse non-stop vs. not wanting to nurse.
Anyways, that is the weekend in a nutshell. No new pics today. Sorry!

No comments: