Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What we've been doing lately


Big boy holding his sippy, chewing on the top. Haven't quite mastered tilting it to get the water, but we'll get there.



Dunning and his mommy club baby friends, riding in a wagon at the pumpkin patch


Me and squirmy pants


I want this pumpkin


The straw is much more fun than the pumpkins

Juli gets a strike!


Oooo! I get a strike too! And beat them all with an even 100 score!

Tami, Juli and me (or at least half of me)


Daddy and Dunning at swimming lessons

Well, we've been pretty busy. Baby boy still has an infected ear. Last night was not so great and he is really snotty, fussy, cranky today.

Despite the ear, we've been to the pumpkin patch, bowling (me), and swim lessons. D is also really starting to get the hang of his sippy cup. On another note, I've been really busy. I'm in my mom's club, of course, joined two book clubs, and am continuing to train for my races, as well as sewing diapers for D. I've order some special waterproof fabric and can't wait for it to get here! He's outgrowing some of his older diapers. Since it's gotten colder, I've started to go to the Fitness Center and run on the treadmill, then lift weights and do crunches. Dunning stays in the Youth Activity Center (YAC) and I get an hour and a half by myself! I get to take a shower without a baby trying to crawl in to the tub with me! And do makeup without him trying to steal my makeup brushes!
On another note, depending on several things, I may try to get my 200 hour yoga certification. It's costly (about $2,900+) and time consuming (200 hours!) It's completed in 8 weekend intensive sessions, plus one weekend a month for 4 months after the 8 weekend sessions, dedicated to anatomy and physiology. Plus a test, but I'm great at tests :) The only place that currently certifies teachers (you have to be certified to certify others) is the Arkansas Yoga Center in Fayetteville. I took classes when they were in their old building for 6 months before Mikel and I got married and I loved it! So we'll see. More on that later.
On a similar note, my dad has agreed to let me be his personal trainer. I am going to help him lose 20 pounds! And maybe even more! So I need to get started on his meal plans and his workout plan. He sounded wary and may have just said yes because he is a good dad and mom was probably sitting there saying "say yes, say yes." And as extra incentive, I'll post his results (sans weight, we'll just post % lost) so everyone can see how great he is doing!

No comments: