Thursday, October 30, 2008

I Succumb to Peer Pressure

Yes, I did. I let others tell me what to do. It's just everywhere, on TV, on blogs, on facebook, and on the radio. So, I said, why not? Let's just go with the flow and do what everybody seems to be doing. Let's go vote (early even!). So, I did.
I am not ashamed to say that I voted McCain. He is the candidate that most closely represents what I stand for and think is important. Granted, I do not agree on all of his plans or policies, but I support more of his than Obama's. I don't think that Sarah Palin was the best choice for VP. I think I know why he did it, and I don't think someone should be chosen based on how many votes they think it will get them. However, I think the media has brow beaten her a bit much. I think she is an intelligent, tough woman who was given a great opportunity that she was not prepared for. If, God forbid, something happens to McCain, I think she would play it safe and not do anything risky. She would probably just ride out the term and hopefully surround herself with great advisors.
I think Obama is a great orator and presents himself very well in public. But there are several things about him I don't like, stances I don't support and policies I don't agree on. So he is not my candidate.
All that to say, it's your vote. Use it and don't be ashamed of it. I'm not!

No comments: