Sunday, October 19, 2008

Crafts, Cousins and Crawling, oh my!


Whatcha doin' ma?

Cute Crafters Cheryl and Lindsey

The cousins take a bath and have so much fun!

Upside down Kelsey

Standing tall at the ottoman. They loved smacking their hands down on it.

This weekend was packed with fun things! On Saturday, Gracie and I went to go see Lindsey and Cheryl's booth at the craft fair at the John Q. Hammons Center. It was so cute and had the best tutus of them all! Good job Lindsey and Cheryl! Go visit Lindsey's Web site and buy lots of cute stuff for your little girl/granddaughter/sister/cousin/etc.!


Afterwards, Mikel and I hit the Spanker Creek fair and met up with Emilie and Chloe for a little while. The Hammons fair was better! I wish we could have gone to the three other fairs that weekend, but little man was tuckered out.


After that, Jim, Bridget and cousins Carson and Kelsey came over to watch the heart breaking defeat of the Hogs. The cousins had so much fun playing, especially Dunning and Carson following each other around. Carson is a much quicker crawler and Dunning is so happy with himself that he knows how to get around. He is pulling up to his knees and I'm sure it will be soon enough when he is up on his feet. Carson is about to start walking, little busy man! Kelsey likes it that the boys are busy so she can have all the toys to herself! The kiddos took a bath together and then had fun with the ottoman, they found it very entertaining.


We got to Skype with Nick and Ang yesterday and they are doing great! They come back some time in March/April and we cannot wait for our friends to be back! They are such an encouragement to us. We discussed the election, as they just mailed in their absentee votes. We talked about the different candidates and what we thought. And Angie told me something that was very profound. She said that a verse in the Bible reminded her that we can do our part and vote with the candidate that we feel God wants us (as individuals, I'm not speaking to a group - i.e., all ___ should vote for ____); but that no matter who is elected as president and vice president, God is still in control. I know I really appreciated that tidbit of wisdom as it appears my candidate is not doing well right now. This also reminded me that I should always pray for the candidate elected as president, WHETHER or NOT I voted for him/her or agree with him/her. They need all the wisdom they can get in these times.


Finally, our race results were posted. I finished 20th out of 71 women! Mikel would have finished 24th out of 63 men, but he forgot to turn in his race tag at the end of the finish line, so it shows he finished 35th, but WE know the truth. For those of you keeping count, that means I finished higher in my rankings than he did. :) Rub it in for me next time you see him.

No comments: