Sunday, October 5, 2008

Shoes!!


So lately after I run, I have been experiencing some bad achilles pain as well as some pain in my knees and hips. A friend of mine, super geek Elizabeth, used to work at a shoe store selling athletic shoes and advised it was probably my shoes, which are now nearing 2 years old!! I got them before I became pregnant, when I first started running. I had no idea what a neutral, stability or motion control shoe was. I knew I had a flat arch and needed support around the ankle and a good arch support. So I took a trip to Kohl's and bought a pair of Aasics 1130s. Elizabeth told me the 1100 line or the 2000 line would be good for me, so I thought I was set. But I started to doubt my ability to pick out a good shoe just by trying it on. So I went to the experts, Rush Running, for a stride analysis. We stumbled upon Rush Running a few weeks ago. We had seen runners out and at races with their shirts, and it turns out they are a local couple, Mike and Alison, who used to run at the U of A and started their own store. Alison was even an Olympic qualifier for the 10k! They give gear to professional runners who buy stuff from their store and they have a running club, which explains the shirts popping up all over town! Needless to say, they did a stride analysis on me and while I do pronate, it's not as bad as I thought, but I am a little bow legged. Bow legged??? Wow, that's new. And I need orthopedics (aka really good insole). So they brought me three types of stability shoes to try and one of them were the exact same pair of shoes I had just returned to Kohls!! But I decided I liked another pair better (even though the kid working there said "that's a good pair. My mom wears them.") and got them instead. So now, I am the proud new owner of a pair Brooks Axiom 3. Can't wait to try them out and see how they feel!

6 Days Until Tour de Cure 5k!

Click HERE to donate for Lynn's fundraising!

Click HERE to donate for Mikel's fundraising!

No comments: