Wednesday, August 27, 2008

What was lost has been found.

So I went to Walmart yet again today, to return some microfiber towels I bought to make into doublers for D's cloth diapers. I was returning them because they were an 8 pack for $5 and I found a 24 pack for $10 at Sam's! What a deal! (and they work beautifully by the way).
So, at the customer service desk, I took out the receipt and the towels and something fell on the floor out of my sack. It happened to catch my eye because it made a little clanging noise when it hit the ground, and lo and behold - my ring! How in the world it got in to the Walmart sack, is beyond me. And why it happened to be the one sack I hadn't separated out for recycling and attached itself to the towels I needed to return is not beyond me - it had to be God. I don't always believe that God will perform a miracle when you've done something stupid. Sometimes, well a lot of times, God teaches us lessons by letting us reap the consequences of our actions. So I was all prepared to learn a lesson from putting my ring in a place that was not secure by forever losing my beloved wedding ring. It was stupid of me to do it, and so I figured, I would reap the consequences and be ringless for probably another 5 years in to my marriage. I DO believe though, that when God does work miracles, regardless of your stupidity, it is so you can give Him the glory. So blessed be!

3 comments:

Bridget said...

That is so wonderful and I bet you feel so much better it was found. Now remember to put it in a safe place :)

Gracie said...

You need to read The Shack - it might change your perceptions...

Lynn said...

Actually, I have read the Shack. I just think that God doesn't always fix our problems for us, not because He doesn't love us, but because He wants us to learn from our mistakes. Thus, I have learned never to put my ring in the diaper bag!!