Monday, August 18, 2008

Sippy Cup


Mikel is going to kill me for posting this pic of him without a shirt on, but it's a good picture of D. Sorry babe!

In order to make it fair, here is a picture of me with no makeup and clean, but undone-just-air-dried hair. Oh and the baby is in it too.

Mmmm. Condensation...

A little help here mom.

Since D doesn't like bottles, we've been trying the sippy cup. He hasn't quite got the coordination down to pick it up and get it in to his mouth, but he gets really close. He likes to gum the plastic, I think because it is cold and may feel good on his gums. He really likes drinking water, again, I think because of the cold factor. Yesterday morning, I got to go run without Dunning and his stroller for the first time. I was anxious to see if it would be harder or easier and what my time would be, if I could run the whole time (because I can't while pushing him), etc. I was thrilled to discover that not only did I complete the distance withtout having to stop and walk, but I increased it by a tenth of a mile (a full 5k) and did it all in 30 minutes! Mikel has stepped up his distance to 3.5 miles and did it in 35 minutes! Our goal is to start running 5ks together as a couple and take a picture together at each race and hang the pictures up in a "race wall" collage. Our first one is September 1st at the Promenade. It is the Run for a Child 5k. One of the best things about this whole running is that, combined with breastfeeding, I have the metabolism of Wonder Woman. But that means I am hungry about 5 minutes after I eat, so our grocery bill goes up yet again from all the food Mikel and I are eating. My goal is make Mikel gain weight because he lost 8 pounds over the past year. It wasn't a bad weight loss, it was from cutting something out of his diet, but he is SUPER tall and needs some muscle on his frame to stay healthy. So hopefully I can get him up to a good fightin' weight without gaining weight myself!


Last night I made applesauce out of the apples we got from the farmers' market and he made the funniest face when we fed it to him with his dinner. He ate it all. Then, while he was nursing to go to sleep, I could hear his tummy rumbling and I thought, oh, applesauce before bedtime could be a bad idea. A very very bad idea. But nothing happened and he slept all night long except for his one nursie so we are a very happy little unit today.

No comments: