Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Diamonds are a girl's best friend...

I am a very sad woman. I have lost my wedding ring. I had worn it to church on Sunday and took it off to go swimming at Steph's. When I took it off, I put it in the baby's diaper bag, in the front pocket that velcros shut, and now it is no longer there. The other ring I had on, that I also put in the pocket, was there, but no wedding ring. They were both there when I went running yesterday morning at the park and thought to myself "oh, my rings are in here, I need to remember to get them out and put them up." Which of course, I failed to do so. I went to Walmart and Sam's Club yesterday and neither store has had it turned in. It is not in my car and Mikel and I checked the parking lots at both stores just in case. It is lost.
I loved that ring. It is the ring my wonderful husband of 5 years proposed to me with and used as a symbol of our love and commitment at our wedding. I didn't wear it much anymore, because it scratches the baby, but now I feel naked without it. Mikel was patient and understanding of how upset I was. Even though he constantly is finding my ring by sinks and other precarious places, he did not once say, I told you so.
Hopefully, it has just fallen out here somewhere at the house and not out in the great big world that will probably hock it at a pawn shop. But, if I do not find it, if it does not find it's way back to me, you've been a great ring, my wedding ring. Even if you are eventually replaced, you will always be the ring I remember my husband placing on my finger those 5 years ago.

No comments: