Thursday, April 17, 2008

Thursday





Today was library day again! Dunning is doing an awesome job sitting up - if only he would do as good of a job on his tummy. He hates it. We skipped our La Leche League meeting and visited Aunt Stephy at her office instead. It was lots of fun. All of our travels meant that he skipped his morning nap - other than a quick nap here and there in the car. So, when I tried to get him down to sleep at 1p.m., the screaming ensued. Some of you may wonder why I would force him to take a nap. Well, if he doesn't, it's a sure thing he'll be evil the rest of the day and he'll be so exhausted that he won't feed well the last feeding and be up many times in the night. FOR SURE. So, he finally got at least 1 and half hours of sleep in and was much better this afternoon - except for tummy time :). And he doesn't really like it if I leave him on his blanket to play with his toys. He really likes to be sitting up as much as possible, any occasionally likes lying down to play. That means he is in the bouncy or high chair if I am not feeding him or playing with him. Oh well, if it works, it works.
He did roll over two more times today - once in his crib, after I had changed him for the second time because he pooped and then grabbed his toes and it all ran up his back (ick) - and once on his play mat. He doesn't like that too much, but I'm sure he eventually will.
Mikel has been in Mexico all this week, so I am REALLY glad he is coming home tonight. I'm just so tired. Kudos to Bridget who does this all the time with TWO babies! The house next door to us sold, so hopefully ours won't take too long to sell. Of course, that house had been for sale since November....UGH. Maybe that means I'll get to plant and harvest most of my garden before we move :))
I will post pictures of today on tomorrow's blog. I am super tired and the camera is in Dunning's room, where he is sleeping!

P.S. Good luck to Gracie and everyone participating in the Race on Saturday! It's going to be pretty!
P.S.S. Kristen is going to have her baby any time now!!

No comments: