Monday, March 2, 2009

Today











Hello all!

We're having quite a day today. The past few nights have been marked by D getting up quite a bit, so today we are tired (both of us!). He hasn't had much of a nap, so thus begins the great question - What is wrong with him? I think I've pretty much quit trying to figure it out! He's not running a fever, so I can rule out an ear infection. Since it's not that, I'm just trying to breathe in and out and in and out....repeat.

Mikel's birthday was Sunday, so he and his brother went up to Roaring River to have breakfast with his dad, grandfather, uncle and dad's friend. Normally, they would have gone fishing with them all, as it is tradition for them all to go fishing on March 1st, opening day, but it was very cold Sunday morning so they just went to breakfast. For his birthday, we went to Thai Kitchen for dinner and got him FIFA '09 for his Xbox.

D's newest fascination has been throwing things. As long as it's not food, it's pretty cute. He'll get a small toy and throw it (as best he can) then go squealing and crawling after it. Then repeat.

Finally, I'm going to Tahoe this month with my sissy, her family and some family friends of theirs. I'm super excited! I'll be gone for 5 days and it will be the longest time I've been away from D and I'm ready for some mommy time! We haven't weaned yet and my La Leche League leaders say I don't have to for the trip. Mikel, his mom and possibly my mom will all be helping watch D while I'm gone. We are going to San Francisco for a day and then on to Tahoe to ski. I've never skied before so I hope I don't break anything! I'm also scrounging up clothes to take with me, so if anyone has any size 4 or small ski clothes that I can borrow, please let me know!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

No one other than you or my sister are SIZE 4s so sorry :) I wonder if helping hands has anything