Saturday, March 28, 2009

I'm Back!

Hello everyone!
I'm back from Tahoe! It was nice to get away and would have been a great vacation had I not gotten terribly sick on Tuesday. I got hit hard with a very nasty cold, complete with fever, aches and pains. I am still fighting it off and am all about pumping myself full of Claritin, ibuprofen, nose spray and cough syrup. This combo, along with being sick and gone for six days has led to a serious milk shortage. Baby boy doesn't seem to mind too much, only wanting to nurse about twice a day. I am ready to wean him because I feel it's time - he tends to pitch a fit if he's tired and wants to nurse, especially in public and that's no fun for momma (or D I'm sure). So, I guess it's time. It's a good and sad thing at the same time. Good because it means more freedom for me and for D, since he can feed himself and drink milk any time he wants from his cup. Sad because nursing was such a sweet time for us both. It bonded us together and gave me the opportunity to hold my otherwise wiggly little boy and sing to him. He liked to play with my hair and pinch my nose (not always sweetly!). Sad because it means he's growing up and is just one of the things he no longer needs his momma for. Sigh. They DO grow up so fast. While I was gone, D got some good bonding time with his daddy, which is very important for little boys to have. Mikel said he woke up every morning saying, "Da Da?" Daddy would reply, "Dunning?" And repeat.... This morning, he woke up, not screaming for momma as usual, but saying "Da Da?" Daddy was already up and got him changed, dressed and in his high chair with no crying for momma! That means I got to sleep a little bit longer, which I really need to get better. I felt that happy/sad combo again that he didn't scream until I came to nurse him like he usually does in the morning. Another little showing of independence.
On a related independent note, he is walking all around and it's awesome to see! He is so proud of himself! His Tita Paula got him a Radio Flyer car and he loves it. Sits in it and watches the Wiggles or drinks his milk, stands up in it and gives his momma a heart attack.
On another note, we had his 15 month appointment yesterday and we met the famous Ms. Harper Stamps and her momma, Kelly. I like Kelly's story and her blog. She is very positive and always reminds me that I need to give more praise and thanks to God for my life, family and love that surrounds me. D got a great report - 22 pounds and 5 ounces, 31 and 1/4 inch long. Doc said he was developing great.
Well, that's all for right now! It's so good to be back. I'll get pics loaded later.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Jennifer Faddis told me she read on here that we met! Do you know her? We were friends in college!
Anyway ....I'm not famous but it was fun meeting you at the doctor! :-)Dunning is precious and I love his name!