Monday, February 23, 2009

Garden









This week, I started my seed trays! It was a really nice on Friday, and he was really fussy, so we needed some major distraction. I've moved all the potted plants outside because he likes to play in the dirt like a typical little boy. They've all died anyway as they normally do in the winter, despite my trying to keep them alive all season. So I just let him go wild! He likes to show us what he is playing with. If it's food, we'll sometimes eat it out of his hand (so long as it's not soggy, or otherwise "ick"), as a game. But I draw the line at dirt. So he got nice and dirty. I was throwing some old potting soil over the deck railing and didn't realize the wind was blowing our direction, looked down, and my poor kid is covered in a layer of soil. Oops!
We did get some nice accessories for our deck with some of our tax money. An outdoor rug, so D can play on the deck and not get dirty from the dirt Charlie tracks up there. You can vaccuum it off. We also got a table cover for the table and chairs so the rain won't rust/mildew them. I just have to first find the time to clean them off with CLR and oxygen cleaner before I cover them!

No comments: