Tuesday, February 17, 2009

All Right All Ready

Mmmmm....Cereal bars are good. And full of fiber too! We learned that one the hard way...
Two points! I have a really cute video of him playing with his goal that I'll try to get uploaded later.

Slam Dunk! Kobe, eat your heart out!


Riding our giraffe on the Hancock House Wilderness Safari.




Gee, ain't I cute?


So I've been told to update my blog. So here's your update.


Things have been kinda cruddy in this corner of Arkansas. Wal-Mart, oh I'm sorry, Walmart (because it's SOOOO much better without the "-"), laid off 700 people at Corporate and apparently, they aren't done yet. So, our family has been a little on edge considering only one of the three of us is employed....and I don't currently own enough stuff to sell on Ebay to support us all. Unless I want to sell a car, and that would only support us for a few months (and possibly end in murder if I have to carpool with Mikel). We are doing our best to trust in God that He has a plan and will take care of us, even if we have to go without cable TV or a DVR for a while (GASP. I love my DVR!!!) We are taking the appropriate responsible steps as well. I trust God to take care of us, but I believe He would want us to be fiscally responsible in the meantime.

Other than that.... D has been doing good. No major milestones achieved yet (no, he's still not walking yet). He's still cruising and babbling and saying "dog" and "no" a lot. He likes to shake his head "no." Something he learned from mommy of course. His current favorite foods are mandarin oranges, bananas, grapes, cereal bars and yogurt. He basically eats a bunch of sugar. But at least it's fruit. I can occasionally get him to eat Cheerios but I hate it when he throws them on the ground because I will inevitably hear a "crunch" and cringe when I step on one. Those things are boogers to clean up when they are in tiny pieces.

I'm still really active in my mom's group - a great bunch of gals who have become my closest friends. I've even gotten a few of them to start going to the gym with me to run. I'm working on a 10k in the spring and Mikel is training for the OKC marathon. Wish him luck, because, like I've said, that's just crazy.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh, the cheerio "crunch" on the kitchen floor. I'm glad I'm not the only one that cringes when I accidentally step on one!!

Zach is loving all those foods you listed, too. How funny!

Your little man is a cutie.