Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Week 11





Dunning is 11 weeks old this week! I can't believe how the time has flown! I look at his newborn pictures as I put them together for his scrapbook and marvel at how small he was. He's not that small anymore! When we went to his 2 month check up, he was 9 weeks old and weighed in at 13 pounds 2 ounces!

Right now we are struggling with getting him to eat on a regular schedule. I am an advocate of feeding on cue, but also believe that he should not be demanding to eat every 2 hours because he has become accustomed to it. I want him to get used to eating at least every 3 hours so that he eats more complete meals and not just snacking. He is also eating more at each feeding and needs more time to digest his meals or he just ends up throwing up from being too full! I have found that when he is fussy and wants to take a nap, he wants a pacifier - the REAL pacifier - me. Now I regret not pushing the other pacifier more when he was little because he doesn't like it much now. But I guess it may make it easier to take it away from him later.

He is doing well with sleeping. The past two nights he has slept about 11 hours with one feeding at night. Let's hope it is a trend! He doesn't always go back to sleep very well after the feeding, maybe because he is too tired to burp. He'll grunt and move around and around in his crib. But very rarely cries.

Mikel recently went to Mexico and I was super sick, so my mommy came down and helped me with Dunning. They feel asleep on the couch together!

Staying at home has been fun, but hard to be able to do creative stuff like scrapbook and keep my blog updated! I hope that when he is holding his head up more, I'll be able to let him sit on the floor and play more by himself a little each day. Then maybe I can do some yoga next to him. I have 5-10 more pounds to lose, depending on who's scale you look at! The doctor's office scale says 10, mine says 5! I am going with mine because it is the scale I used to tell my pre-pregnancy weight and it is the best comparison for me. :)

Dunning is cooing and smiling. I tried to capture a smile and got this pouty lip expression instead!

No comments: