Sunday, January 25, 2009

Hello!

I painted the Go Red for Women logo as a part of my mom's club Purse-onality for their Feb 17th auction.

In our wagon at the park, after feeding the scary "Chinese Attack Geese"

He loves him some banana. Not so much with the avocado. He looked at me like "what are you feeding me woman?" And spit it out.

Look ma! One hand!



The baby toothbrush is constantly in his mouth lately. He likes chewing on it.


Hello all! Sorry we haven't posted anything in a while. I just haven't taken time to sit down and do it. Not a whole lot happening here. We took our house off the market. We had listed it for sale by owner last April, then listed it with a realtor in July. We had several showings - 6 or 7 - throughout the summer, but no offers. We finally decided that since we did not HAVE to move, just really wanted to see if we could find a bigger house at a good price, we took it off. It wasn't really worth the effort right now. Maybe in the near future. But that's good news for me since it means I can plan my Spring garden without worrying that I'll have to move in the middle of the season. I think I'll do serrano peppers, bell peppers, tomatoes and squash. I may do some cucumbers too. I have mint in the garden already and I really need to get out there today before the ice comes and get the spinach that has been ready for a month or so now. If you have any suggestions as to a crop I should plant, let me know! I'll do my usual greek oregano, basil, thyme et al herb garden in pots on the deck. I have mint already in the garden too. I love mint :)

On the running front, Mikel is determined to run a marathon in May. I hope he makes it because I'm not that crazy!

Here are some fun pics from the last few weeks. D has been cruising all over, standing some, babbling alot and doing some copy-catting. I swear he said "apple" the other day when I was telling him I was pouring him some apple juice! May have just been babbling, but it really sounded like it! He was probably just mimic-ing me, but that's how they learn right? Guess I really have to watch what I say now! :) He was also saying "boo" to me the other day when we were walking in to Wal-Mart. I opened the car door and said "boo" and he replied "boo!" It was cute. We've been to the park a few times in this insane weather. He is going to Kid's Time at church a day a week for two hours while I go to Bible study.

I'm really excited about this study. I've never done one in the 6 years I've gone to our church and it's a different type of study. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I think I'm going to enjoy the in depth look in to my life and the bonds I hope to share with the other ladies in it.

That is all! For now!!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

Good to hear on the house! Now you dont have to keep it clean either :) like when D eats and leaves crumbs you can just leave them for a couple days :) whats the point of cleaning up when its going to get dirty again... Thats what happens here I clean it and mop it good then they drop juice or something. So now instead of the floor getting a real good cleaning weekly (pre kiddos) it now gets one like every 2-3 weeks.. I dry swiffer it every day to clean up crumbs but I dont mop it every day.