Sunday, December 11, 2011

Week 2

I'll admit, week 2 was hard. Much harder than I anticipated. It started off fine, but with Mikel traveling, I was worn out all the time from having to be the only one here to get D and myself ready for the day, take him to school, work a full day and exercise, pick up D, fix dinner and then get him in bed. And he was CRANKY. All week long. Don't know if it was the full moon or what, but it's really hard to be "happy" when your four year old kicks you square in the face. But I get points for staying calm with him and not over reacting, something I struggle with when he does stuff like that. Who wouldn't??? It's not easy to keep your cool when your kid lands one on your face. So I was worn out from all that but by then it was Wednesday and Mikel came home....sick. No real symptoms other than fever, aches and sleeping all day. So naturally, the next day, I started feeling it too. By Friday, my boss made me go home and strangely enough, I didn't fight him and did. I should have taken the chance to sleep when I got home but instead I watched 6 hours of TV. I had a headache and didn't feel like sleeping even though I was worn out. I went to bed by 9:30 p.m., after Mikel woke me up on the couch when I eventually fell asleep.
So needless to say, this week didn't feel like a success. It was hard keeping up with some of my goals when I was so tired by the end of the day. Which is still one thing I need to identify an energy boost for. I love music, so maybe I need to blast some cheery music when D and I get home for a little mini pick me up. However, I did allow myself to rest this week. I didn't push it on the exercise because my hip has been injured from running and I let myself to rest when my body was obviously fighting off getting sick, which allowed it to heal because I feel much better.
This next week is going to be focused on eating well because we have 3 Christmas parties to go to and I have two lunch dates. That's a lot of eating out. I will also ease back in to running as my injury is much better. I ran 4 miles yesterday and 5 today. I will do a better job of getting my lunch, gym bag and clothes for the next day lined out because that is a big help in the mornings, helping me get ready on time and taking some of the chaos out of the hectic morning.
Here's to a new tomorrow. Even if it is a Monday.

No comments: